Sunday, February 8, 2009

I think I need to go see a movie...


The weather is going between rainy and Arizona sunshine... The girls are stuck between wanting to be outside and wanting to hibernate... only when it rains they want out and as it clears up they cry about our encouragement to get outside... go figure - Kirk thinks it is a girl thing (being contrary) he stopped short of saying they got it from me :). We had a busy week, seemed to be constantly running from one thing to the next... Tyler has three "fs" so she is grounded... she can get it done, she just loves her friends and now I am finding out that some of her friends - best friends - that I assumed were girls are actually boys... when she talked about "Maddy" she was really saying "Matty" and "Dani" is really "Danny"... these are the friends she hangs out with the most... I feel as lost as Bernie Mac on his silly sitcom America... Tyler doesn't seem to mind being grounded, she gets her work done and then veg's out on her cell phone... a few extra chores, but seriously, it is more of a punishment for Kirk and I as she sulks around dragging her feet and saying "what, what, what" " quit looking at me"... Dylan has realized how to dress herself... she discovered her ability to do this "all by myself" two days ago... this weekend, she has changed clothes at least four times each day... and she is thorough, she does not just change part of an outfit, she strips down bare naked and announces to all she is going to change then starts over from scratch... very cute... Must be why I am so happy... not because she can dress herself... but because I do have two pretty cute kids... they balance out any stress with full blown cuteness and joy...

On another note to keep you all informed... I did not get chosen to be the principal. They actually didn't chose either of us... with our district's dismal financial situation they decided to take a district level administrator (assistant superintendent) and name her as a the principal for a year... all in a day's work... to be honest, I still have a job, I know my job well and I make a pretty decent impact on our school community where I am right now, so maybe when it opens up again I will put my hat in at that time... it was a good experience to interview and it built up my confidence in the contributions I do and can make... It just wasn't my time :) So with that, I just got back from my run... it is pretty late, I procrastinated all day... and we are off to Target and a movie... the date night of busy parents - target and a movie (maybe Kevin can use that concept in a commercial)... I think we will see "He's really not that into you" of course then I will have to read the book which will most likely be more funny but the commercials alone have sold me on this movie... Kirk says it reminds him of me when I was in college... :) but that is a whole different blog... Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment