Okay, I have been talking the "wanna do an ironman" talk for quite some time now. I found a screaming deal on a triathlon time trial/road bike and made the purchase. The bike arrived in just under a week. I purchased some awesome shoes and great pedals... and then I had to get on the thing :). Keep in mind, I have been riding a single speed rigid mountain bike for just over a year... the mountain bike is a stubborn mule compared to the svelt cheetah of a bike I have now. I felt like a novice on ice skates the first time I mounted this new cycle.
So, Kirk has the patience of a little old lady with nowhere to go... he rode around the neighborhood with me and didn't laugh as I rode at the slowest speed possible and took corners like a ninny. It took about 20 minutes and then he tricked me into getting onto a main road and I let loose! This bike is FAST!
We watched the mens final of the French Open and then headed out on a ride. We rode for two hours with plenty of hills and minimal stops and starts. I now feel comfortable and confident on the bike. I just love it. I go in on Tuesday for a "proper" fitting... they will but the bike on a trainer platform and watch me ride. This will allow them to adjust my seat properly and make sure everything is in line for me to execute proper form (the rest is up to me). Today was an intense workout... I love passing people on the road :) and the other cyclist wave at me like I am part of their club... LOL - we did get a kick out of that. I could actually keep up with Kirk for once - bad news is his road bike is on the way... so once he gets gears he will give me a screaming run for my money - at least I know I will always have a great workout.
Stay tuned for pictures of the new bike... Kirk took one of me riding I just have not downloaded into the computer. So, now I am on track with my goal...pretty exciting and intimidating all at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment