Friday, June 12, 2009

Job interviews are lessons in humility...

Okay, so I went on another job interview... I am starting to wonder if I am like the cute little puppy that wants to play and no matter how many times you push him aside he still licks and bounces up and wants to play... It sort of reminds me of Soderling's comments after he lost the French open to Federer last weekend. He said he had talked to his coach during practice when he realized who he would meet in the finals (if you don't follow tennis, Soderling does not make it to the finals round often in clay, grass, or outdoor hardcourt tennis)... he and his coach joked about how many times Federer has beat him in the past - to be specific Federer had beat him all eight times they had met in tournaments... so Soderling say surely no one can beat me nine times... that was a good laugh on the championship podium... so maybe I cannot be rejected seven times :) Seriously, the interview went well so now I just have to wait for them to finish all of their other interviews so they can decide who would be the best fit... I would love it, but am staying reserved, after all, this lesson in humility has taught me not to be too excited and not to make plans or dreams to prematurely... I will blog it up once I know the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment